Wednesday, September 2, 2009

learning style assignment

Matthew Dobbs

After taking the learning style inventory I was not surprised with the results I had received. I have a VAK style, witch is visual, auditory, and kinesthetic. The highest area I scored in was auditory with 9, kinesthetic with 8, and visual 6. When I was first beginning to learn how to read focusing on the sounds and tone is how I became familiar with the words. I enjoy having class discussions on topics because it gets everyone involved and wanting to interact. When given just a hand out and told to do the work I loose interest, but when the handout to talked about and told why it is we as a class are doing it, it becomes more easy and enjoyable. Ways to improv my learning experiences is by asking to see things on the bored and be explained, being abel to work with the students around me to collaborate on assignments, and having a english lab to review my work. When taking notes, I need to know what information is important to write down because what is being said in the class is what remembered. Having the class being broken up into sections helps me work hands on with people and focuses on my kinesthetic learning style. Because I have a multi learning style this will allow me to switch between the three with ease. Now that I have this information classes that are difficult will become easer. I will go over notes with classmates so I can have the hands on and the auditory style learning. Make sure to pay attention to what is being said and follow the directions. For Botany instead of just reading about different plants, ill venture outside of school and take pictures and notes with other students.

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job here directing the feedback you got from the quiz straight into your everyday experiences in the most practical ways.

    You're so right, I believe, about breaking class time into sections in which things change regularly, from one activity to the next to appeal to all kinds of learners. I am a kinesthetic learner too, and the classes I've enjoyed the most were like that.

    I would love to find out how your plan works in Botany class, venturing "outside of school and take pictures and notes with other students." That will surely bring what you're learning to life.

    ReplyDelete